(1) If the accommodation contract was agreed for a specific time it ends when this time has expired. If the guest departs early then the accommodation provider is entitled to demand the full payment amount.
The accommodation provider is, nevertheless, obliged to take all appropriate steps to ensure that the rooms left vacant by the cancellation are rented to other guests.
In addition, the regulation in § 5 (5) (discount percentages) applies accordingly.
(2) The death of a guest causes the termination of the contract with the accommodation provider.
(3) If the accommodation contract was agreed for a non-specific time the contract partners can cancel the contract at any time provided that they adhere to a cancellation period of three days. The cancellation must reach the contract partner by 10:00 otherwise it is not this day that is considered to be the first day of the cancellation period, but the next day.
(4) If the guest does not vacate their room by 12:00, the accommodation provider is entitled to charge them the room rate for another day.
(5) The accommodation provider is entitled to cancel the accommodation contract with immediate effect, if the guest:
a) makes a considerable detrimental use of the premises or, through their inconsiderate, objectionable or otherwise inappropriate uncouth behaviour, spoils the collective living experience of the other guests or is guilty of punishable threatening behaviour against the property, morality or physical security of the accommodation provider, their staff or one of the persons staying in the accommodation establishment;
b) is overcome by either a contagious disease or one which exceeds the accommodation duration or is in need of medical care;
c) does not pay the submitted invoice after a demand within a reasonably set time period.
(6) If the fulfilment of the contract becomes impossible due to an event assessed as force majeure the contract is terminated.
The accommodation provider is, however, under the obligation to return the payments received so that they do not make any profit out of the event (§ 1447 ABGB).